Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve!

We're enjoying a family game night. Lena is currently rocking out to Guitar Hero at the hard level. If she'd only spend as much time studying as she has played GH in the past week...to be fair, she's also spent a good portion of her Christmas break reading, so I won't complain. Ally is waiting for Lena to be done so that she and Tom can play Wii golf. They both get very competitive with each other! The girls are determined to make it until midnight...not sure if Tom and I will get that far.

I have a confession to make...our Christmas cards still haven't been mailed. Oh, I started with the best of intentions. I ordered them in October, for goodness sake. Started addressing them on Thanksgiving weekend. Then, it just sort of petered out as other Christmas preparations took priority. On top of that, the computer on which the Christmas card list is stored fell victim to a virus. So, I have half the list completed. I don't feel TOO bad though, as we continue to receive Christmas cards with Dec 27 & Dec 28 postmark dates. I'm in good company! However, I do fear ours will be the last Christmas card everyone receives. Maybe I'll order them on Labor Day Weekend next year...

On a positive note, I had all my Christmas shopping completed BEFORE December 24th. First time that has happened in about a decade. I am showing progress.

We had a terrific Christmas. Spent the 24th in Ladd with my parents and my dad's family. We thoroughly enjoyed catching up with my Kopina cousins. My cousin Carrie's son is absolutely adorable, even though he told me my name was "Poopie Pants". There are times when it is enjoyable to hear someone else's kids use their ever expanding language skills! The evening was spent with the Sale side of the family at my Aunt Linda's. They're a fun group to be around! After Santa arrived on Christmas morning, we trekked into Normal to spend the day with Tom's parents. Christmas then carried over to Sunday with Tom's aunts and uncles. Hilarious to hear them reminiscing...they definitely have some interesting stories.

Okay, my turn to dazzle everyone with my Wii tennis skills. See you in the new year!


No comments: